Monday 10 December 2018

HOW DO I CELEBRATE MY CHRISTMAS? (Every Child Deserves a Christmas)

How do I celebrate my christmas? I am pretty sure so many answers are popping out of your mind. I think I can guess a few, with a big pot of jollofrice or friedrice, shredded chicken and salad, or with an all red wears and accessories, or a trip to an island or low land, or with lots of drinks or santa gifts, and with so many beautiful things of life to mention a few. All these things are so good, but I will share a story on how exactly one needs to celebrate a christmas.

About six years ago, my church youth members organised a visit to the orphanage, and most people that were present there were well bred people, but they never saw that like an avenue to ignore the less privileged, but a chance to extend love. I was like a spectator taking note of everything happening around as we got to the orphanage. I saw some children sharing their thoughts with some of my members, and there was this particular boy that insisted on going with a lady. He felt the love the lady shared to him. She carried the little boy and started asking questions; how are you doing? Have you eaten? What's your best colour?, amongst other questions. This little intimacy made the boy feel the love of a parent he never had, and he couldn't watch the lady leave.

This story above symbolises that anybody can be a parent to an orphan, so far you share true love to the orphan. All they need is someone that can care for them, and make them feel relevant, and I feel you can be that person. I think I have given you a clue on how to celebrate your christmas right? Yes! Every Child is a Star (ECIAS) foundation has brought to mind that every child deserves a christmas, and a need to share love to this set of people during this yuletide season is as important as sharing it with our children. They need to feel the festive mood, as well as see people outside their confined environment.


You can get engaged in this process by teaming up with NGOs around you, personal visit, or you can team up with Every Child is a Star(ECIAS) foundation, they will carry you along with details below. And I am sure you will have a beautiful christmas testimonies this 2018. ARE YOU READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment