Friday 12 January 2018

What Momma Never Taught Me...



In every home, there is always a place for tutors. The place of a mother as a great tutor cannot be replaced, but despite all the tutorials gotten from a little tiny beginning, there is one thing mother forgot to teach me. Right from birth, she taught me how to suckle on her breast, she pressed her nipple to my mouth for me to get the little drop of milk to quench my thirst. After four months, she cushioned the chair for me to learn how to sit by myself. I thought to myself, could she have been tired of carrying me to and from the house? No! She just wanted me to learn.

Her curiosity wouldn't end at that, but she continued to teach me how to crawl, and sometimes she forgot she was not a four legged creature, all in the name of teaching me how to start a beautiful beginning.  The furniture helped my happy feet to stand, and momma held my two hands to keep them walking. Fortunately! that little baby has started walking, courtesy, momma the tutor. She never stopped being a tutor, because her zeal to keep my head up high remained. She taught me my assignment to a stage i grew to inquire from colleagues and leacturers on how to deal with difficult tasks/assignment, and this added a feather to her cap because I am now a university graduate.

A kitchen they say, belongs to a woman, but this saying could not have been applicable to me if mother never taught me her cooking skills. I learnt how to do the boiling, frying, grilling,  and the whole kitchen magic from the ever relentless woman. She never underestimated the roles of moral and etiquette as she passed that down as well. How to clean up the gabbage, the sitting and dinning rooms, the kitchen, the scrubbing of the bathroom and toilet, and never to ignore, my personal room became my hobby. Above all, she created a personal altar where I learnt to make all my supplications and also to pray fervently.

Indeed momma has tried a great deal! But she never taught me something. This thing in question is something some primary school pupils have known even when their parents are boldly assure of their innocence.  And the thing is 'Love Making" which most people refer to as SEX. Have you ever wondered how your kids got to know how to have SEX without you teaching them? Have you ever been caught in bed with daddy in a compromising position by your kids? Or your usual habit of caressing and french kissing while your kid is standing must have given him/ her a clue? Have you ever thought that your maids must have been trying out something silly with your boy or girl? Or her teacher has not been keeping an eye on the pupils that they have tried something romantically new amongst themselves? Did you ever think that the next door neighbour coming as a friend has a mission? Maybe your kid is a victim of rape already? All these questions are advisable for parents to ask themselves, especially mothers.

Frankly speaking,  momma taught me so many things, but she never taught me how to have "SEX", so how did I know it? KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY FROM THE THINGS THEY SHOULDN'T KNOW UNTIL THE RIGHT TIME...IT'S AN ABUSE WHEN THEY GET EXPOSED TO IT BEFORE THE RIGHT TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment