Friday 6 October 2017

UNVEILING THE BOOK "EXITING YOUR RAT RACE"



An extract from "Exiting Your Rat Race"....

"You mean it's only these four people raising their hands that know this simple equation? I weep for you all. Everybody stand up now! If you know it sit down, if you don't, remain standing! You are in hot soup this afternoon. Everyone was shivering as Mrs Toriboabe ( the nickname she earned out of punishing students by ordering her victim to kneel down and then put his or her head in between her legs, so that there would be little or no resistance to the flogging) continued to pace up and down.

We were sure that she would flog us that day, fear could be clearly seen on the face of those who have experienced Mrs Toriboabe in the past. For once I regretted putting my chair and table in the front row because she would start the flogging from the front, but then, because I was so short in stature like the biblical Zachaeus, if i had put it at the back, our class teacher would have questioned me because I would not be able to see the chalkboard.  I dare not create a scene for questioning, my spoken English was worse than a chicken's scattering on the sand so the staff room was always a no-go area for us.

"NO MATTER HOW LONG WE CONTINUE TO ADVOCATE FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP
, SOME PEOPLE ARE BENT ON PAID JOB, WEATHER THE TAKE HOME WOULD TAKE THEM HOME IS ANOTHER STORY ENTIRELY."

I thought I had not heard well when Mrs Toriboabe said she would not flog us until Romoke took a sharp breath of relief. She feared being flogged than hell fire. Wouldn't it have been better if she flogged us? That would have been temporary pain but she decided to feed us words that would stick to us either as motivation or weight that would keep many of us down forever.  How I hate harsh abusive words, especially like hers which took the whole double periods. She was emotional about it, like Martin Luther King Jnr delivering his famous 'I have a dream speech'....."To get this famous book, contact these numbers;
AVAILABLE IN 
NIGERIA +234 803 630 6636, +234 814 116 1576
USA +1 973 905 9928, +410 689 5045
UAE +971 555 72 9886, +971 52 212 9853


No comments:

Post a Comment